Book Lust Monday!

I have a confession: I shouldn't buy more books. I have so many bookshelves in my apartment, it looks like I live in a bookstore. Last time I counted, there were 90+ books that I owned but haven't read yet -- and those are just the print copies. 

But hey, when you've got an addiction, you need to feed it, right? I went browsing through Amazon's Kindle collection and found three ebooks to add to my reading list! The best part? All of them were free. 


I love modern fairy tales and fairy tale re-tellings. Colleen Hoover's modern reinterpretation of Cinderella looks like a great light read.

Here's the synopsis:

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love has conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.
When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. But Daniel soon realizes that fairytales don’t exist, and unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.
Get your own (free!) copy here.


I do admit, my tastes are usually more tragic than light romance-y, so Perfectly Flawed might be my perfect cup of tea.

I thought I was okay.

I mean, I went through my days just fine, pushing toward a goal I could easily achieve. I had friends that loved me, an aunt who adored me, and everything was just okay.

But what I thought was okay and fine, all of that changed.

The nightmares, well, they started again, throwing me into a pit I couldn't climb out of, the people at school were spreading and starting rumors faster than I could hear them myself, and I was remembering...

I was remembering everything.

Well, almost everything. Some things wouldn't come to mind, like why he did it. Why my father killed them, why he tried to kill me? It's not there. Nowhere near my memory.

But I'm determined to find out.

My name is Joey and this is my story.

Sounds good to you too? Download away


  
My last download also sounds like a dark read...

For eleven years, Oakley Farrell has been silent. At the age of five, she stopped talking, and no one seems to know why. Refusing to communicate beyond a few physical actions, Oakley remains in her own little world.
Bullied at school, she has just one friend, Cole Benson. Cole stands by her, refusing to believe that she is not perfect the way she is. Over the years, they have developed their own version of a normal friendship. However, will it still work as they start to grow even closer?

When Oakley is forced to face someone from her past, can she hold her secret in any longer?
C'mon, you know you want to find out what happens to Oakley! Go now, now, get it here!

Comments

Popular Posts